There are two types of LAN system.
1. Eithernet and fast internet (CSMA/CD).
2. Token Ring (FDDI).
ETHERNET & FAST INTERNET
The most commonly used medium access control technique for Bus, Tree and Star topology is (carries sence multiple access with collusion detection) (CSMA/CD).
ALOHA as simple as can be, and pays penalty for CSMA/CD because the number of collusion ries rapidly within increase load.
DESCRIBTION OF CSMA/CD
CSMA is more efficient then ALOHA, when two frames collide the medium remains unusable for the duration of transmission of both damaged frame.
1. If the medium is idle, transmit; other wise go to next step.
2. If the medium is bussey, continue to lissen until the channel is idle, then transmit imigetly.
3. If the collusion is detected during transmission, transmit a signal to assure that all stations. No that their has been a collision and then stop the transmission.
4. Weight for a rendum amount of the time then attempted the transmit again.
With CSMA/CD the amount of wested capacity is reduced to the time it takes to detect a collision.
When two frames may interfere with each other at the receiver is known as collision.