1) Co-axial Cable.
2) Twisted pair.
3) Fiber Optics.
1) Consist of a central copper conducter surrounded by conductive sheet.
2) Most popular computer network cabling mediam.
3) Having large bandwidth.
4) Low cost.
5) Eaisy installation.
6) Use in television cabling.
7) Consist of signal or multiple copper wires that carray electronic signals.
8) Insulated core covered by metal that acts as grounding, absorve electronic signals such as noise & cross talk.
1) Consist of twisted pair of copper wire that can be surrounded by conductive sheet.
1) UTP used in Lan cabling, telephone wiring.
2) Length is 100 meters.
3) Consists of 2 or 4 twisted wire pairs.
1) STP used is additional data protection.
2) It include a foil wrap b/w and around the wire pairs.
3) Much faster then UTP.
4) More reliable.
5) Able to travel longer distance then UTP.
6) High cost.
7) No common use.
1) Consist of a thin pulses fiber surrounding by protective sheet that transmate light pulses from LEDs.
LEDs: Light Emitting Diodes.
2) Fast transmition.
3) Highly cost.