TYPES OF THE FORMAL REPORT
A formal report has many formatities, embellishments, & requirements, which must be completed. The emebellishments, formalities, and reqirments of a formal report may be divided in three major division whose details are given below:
A. PERFACTORY PARTS
- Title fly.
- Title page.
- Letter of authorization.
- Letter of trasmittal.
- Table of contents.
- Preface (if the letter of transmittal is ignored).
B. BODY OF THE REPORT
C. SUPPLEMENTAL PARTS
A. PERFATORY PARTS OF THE FORMAL REPORT
The details of the perfatory parts of the formal report are as follows:
Title fly is the cover of the report containing (1) the title of the report, (2) the name of the receiver of the report, & (3) the name of the writer. The cover should bear the title of the report in the upper center, the name of the receiver in the middle center, and the name of the writer in lover center.
The title page is next to title fly. It has more information than the title fly. It bears:
- Title of the report, name of the receiver, his designation, & the name of his company.
- The name of the writter, his designation, & the name of his company, and.
- The date of the submission of the report.
LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION
It is also known as letter of commissioning. In it the individual or the management authorize letter helps the writer get the company data & take officials; interviews necessary for study.
LETTER OF TRANSMITTAL
This letter cones immediately after the letter of authorization & is bound as part of the letter. It is a cvering letter b/c it transmits the report. The transmittal letter may include the following:
- Authorization of the receiver.
- Acknowledgement to those who helped with the report.
- Unexpected findings, major conclusions, & special suggestions.
- Emphasis on follow up research, if need be.
- Personal comments not include in the body of report.
- Urging the reader to take timely action.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The table bears major & subdivisions of the report & then respective appearance in the report. The numbering of the contents is marked by Roman number (I,II,III), Alphabet (A,B,C) & Arabic number(1,2,3….) etc.
Preface is the foreword talked by the writer. Through it he addresses the reader of the report. He offers his thanks to the people who cooperated with him in the making of the report.